It is used to restore the normal microbial flora (also known as gut microbes) of the intestine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of diarrhea associated with excessive use of antibiotics. It is also used as supportive therapy in the treatment of digestive disorders such as colitis and gastroenteritis. It can also be used in infants for the treatment of enteric infections such as salmonellosis.
It contains Lactobacillus sporogenes
which is a probiotic. Lactobacillus are normal colonizers of the intestine and work by inhibiting or decreasing the growth of harmful microorganisms in the gut by producing lactic acid. It produces lactic acid which makes the environment of the intestine unfavorable for the growth of harmful bacteria. This also helps in restoring the balance of good bacteria in the intestine that may get upset after antibiotic use or due to intestinal infections.
It is advised to take this capsule as directed by your doctor. If you are taking this along with antibiotics then make sure to maintain the time gap of at least 2 hours for effective results. It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can lead to stomach complications.
Lactic acid bacteria: Not less than 120 million spores
Key uses/benefits of Vizylac Capsule:
- Helps to treat and prevent diarrhea associated with antibiotic use
- Helps in restoring the normal microbial flora of the intestine
- Acts as supportive therapy in the treatment and management of various stomach problems such as meteorism (abdominal distension), gastroenteritis, and colitis
- Useful for the management of chronic and acute diarrhea
- Can be used to treat indigestion caused by the damage of the intestinal epithelium and the change of the composition of the normal microflora of the intestine
- Helps in the treatment of enteric infections like salmonellosis, in infants
Directions for use:
Take this capsule as advised by your doctor. You should not consume it more than the recommended daily dose as it may lead to side effects. You can take this medicine with or without food, as recommended by your doctor.
Quick tips for Vizylac Capsule:
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking any medicines, vitamin, or herbal supplements to prevent any possible drug interactions.
- Avoid taking Lactobacillus Sporogenes along with steroids (medications that weaken the immune system) as they might increase the chances of getting sick.
- Take this medicine at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics. This is because taking Lactobacillus sporogenes along with antibiotics can reduce their effectiveness.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this capsule, inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
- Ideally, it is advised to take a single dose of this medicine but if your doctor prescribes otherwise then do follow his/her advice.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- It is best to take this supplement after meals as it helps to avoid any reaction caused due to stomach acid.
Side effects of Vizylac Capsule:
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can lead to stomach problems. Some of the common side effects include:
Storage and safety information:
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool‚ dry and dark place.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
FAQs related to Vizylac Capsule:
Q. What is Vizylac Capsule used for?
It is used to treat and prevent diarrhea associated with antibiotic use. It is also used for restoring the normal microbial flora of the intestine. This is the reason why it is also recommended for the treatment and prevention of diarrhea associated with various infections. In some cases, it is also used as supportive therapy to improve the functioning of the intestinal tract and manage infections of the stomach and intestine such as gastroenteritis and colitis.
Q. Is Vizylac an antibiotic?
No, it is a probiotic that helps in restoring good bacteria in the intestine. It is mostly prescribed along with an antibiotic. This is because antibiotics are known to kill/inhibit the good bacteria in the stomach along with infection-causing bacteria. So, to restore the gut flora and improve the functioning of the intestine as well as prevent side effects caused by antibiotic use, it is usually recommended with antibiotics.
Q. Is Vizylac used for loose motion?
Vizylac Tablet DT is used in diarrhea (loose stools), antibiotic-induced diarrhea, and infantile diarrhea. It is also used to ease too much gas in the stomach, to treat indigestion, and to maintain the normal balance of bacteria in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Q. Can Lactobacillus be harmful?
Lactobacillus is considered to be safe when taken as directed by your physician. Lactobacillus are inactivated bacteria that are good for the gut and prevent the growth of other pathogenic bacteria that cause diarrhea or other bacterial infections.
Q. What happens when you start taking probiotics?
Probiotics are colonies of live microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, and yeast that are essential for the well-being of the human body. They are microscopic in nature and line the gut and other organs in the body. They ease bodily functions like absorption and digestion of nutrients. Some of the common health benefits of probiotics are that they help to fight infections, improve digestion, boost immunity, promote weight loss, and maintain vaginal hygiene.