It is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal problems caused due to imbalance of gut flora in the stomach. It contains lactic acid bacilli, known as Lactobacillus sporogenes, which is a probiotic in nature. It helps to improve the environment of the microflora in the human gastrointestinal tract and boost the health of the digestive tract. It is used for the treatment and prevention of diarrhea associated with excessive use of antibiotics.
This tablet can also be used to aid conditions like poor digestion. It helps to increase the absorption of nutrients by improving the number of good bacteria in the intestine. It also helps in recovery caused due to infections in the intestines and antibiotic usage that disrupt the natural microflora present in the gut. It also benefits people who experience flatulence and gastrointestinal problems such as irregular bowel movement.
It is composed of Lactobacillus which is a normal colonizer of the intestine. It works by inhibiting the growth of harmful microorganisms in the gut by producing lactic acid. This lactic acid makes the environment of the intestine unfavorable for the growth of harmful bacteria. This also helps in restoring the balance of good bacteria in the intestine that may get upset after antibiotic use or due to intestinal infections.
It is advised to take this capsule as directed by your doctor. If you are taking this along with antibiotics, make sure to maintain the time gap of at least 2 hours for effective results. It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can lead to stomach complications.
Lactic acid bacteria: Not less than 120 million spores
Key uses/benefits of Sporlac DS Tablet:
- Helps in restoring the normal microbial flora of the intestine
- Useful in the treatment and prevention of diarrhea caused by various infections
- Used to treat and prevent diarrhea caused due to the use of antibiotics
- Useful to help in conditions like poor digestion
- Aids in the absorption of nutrients by improving the number of good bacteria in the intestine
- Helps in recovery from illnesses caused due to infections in the intestines and antibiotic usage that disrupt the natural microflora present in the gut.
- Useful to treat people experiencing flatulence and gastrointestinal problems such as irregular bowel movement.
- Can be used to treat indigestion caused by the damage of the intestinal epithelium and the change of the composition of the normal microflora of the intestine
- Plays a role as a supportive therapy to improve the functioning of the intestinal tract
- Helps to manage infections of the stomach and intestine such as gastroenteritis and colitis
Directions for use:
Take this capsule as advised by your doctor. You should not consume it more than the recommended daily dose as it may lead to side effects. You can take this medicine with or without food, as recommended by your doctor.
Quick tips for Sporlac DS Tablet:
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking any medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements to prevent any possible drug interactions.
- Avoid taking Lactobacillus Sporogenes along with steroids (medications that weaken the immune system) as they might increase the chances of getting sick.
- Take this medicine at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics. This is because taking Lactobacillus Sporogenes along with antibiotics can reduce the medicine’s effectiveness.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this capsule, inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
- Ideally, it is advised to take a single dose of this medicine but if your doctor prescribes otherwise then do follow his/her advice.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- It is best to take this supplement after meals as it helps to avoid any reaction caused due to stomach acid.
Side effects of Sporlac DS Tablet:
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can lead to stomach problems. Some of the common side effects include:
Storage and safety information:
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool‚ dry and dark place.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
FAQs related to Sporlac DS Tablet:
Q. What is Sporlac DS tablet used for?
It is used to restore the normal balance of good bacteria in the intestine. It also helps in the treatment and prevention of diarrhea associated with the use of antibiotic medicine. Along with that, it can be used to provide relief from the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders such as flatulence and irregular bowel movement. In some cases, it is also used as supportive therapy to improve the functioning of the intestinal tract and manage infections of the stomach and intestine, such as gastroenteritis and colitis.
Q. Is Sporlac an antibiotic?
No, it is a probiotic that helps to restore good bacteria in the intestine. It is usually recommended with antibiotics. This is because antibiotics are known to kill/inhibit the good bacteria in the stomach along with infection-causing bacteria. So, doctors prescribe this medicine to restore the gut flora and improve the functioning of the intestine as well as prevent side effects caused by antibiotic use.
Q. Is Sporlac used for loose motion?
Sporlac DT Tablet is used in diarrhea (loose stools), antibiotic-induced diarrhea, and infantile diarrhea (common in children). It is also used to provide relief from too much gas in the stomach and indigestion. It also helps to maintain the normal balance of bacteria in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Q. Can Lactobacillus be harmful?
Lactobacillus is considered to be safe when taken as directed by your physician. Lactobacillus is an inactivated bacteria that is good for the health of the gut. It prevents the growth of other pathogenic bacteria that cause diarrhea or other bacterial infections.
Q. What happens when you start taking probiotics?
Probiotics are basically colonies of live microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, and yeast that are essential for the well-being of the human body. They are microscopic in nature and line the gut and other organs in the body. They ease bodily functions like absorption and digestion of nutrients. Probiotics offer various health benefits which include fighting infections, improving digestion, boosting immunity, promoting weight loss, and maintaining vaginal hygiene.