It is used for the prevention and treatment of Vitamin B deficiencies. B vitamins are water-soluble vitamins, which means the excess of these vitamins gets excreted from the body through urine. The deficiency of B vitamins in the body can put you at risk of anemia, weakness (or fatigue), weight loss, frequent mouth ulcers, tingling sensation in limbs, headache, dementia or memory problems, depression, confusion, hair loss, poor immune function, dry skin, liver problems, and kidney problems.
It is a multivitamin supplement that contains Vitamin B-complex and its variants such as Vitamin B1 (Thiamine mononitrate), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), and Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin). Also known as B-complex vitamins, these vitamins play a crucial role in numerous body functions such as metabolism of nutrients, red blood cell production, nervous system functioning, and skin health.
The use of this tablet may also help strengthen the immune function, maintain healthy skin and hair, improve metabolism, and promote liver and nervous system function. You should not take more or use it for longer than recommended.
Neurobion Forte Tablet is generally safe with little or no side effects. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction. Apart from taking this medicine, learn about the food sources of Vitamin B-complex so that you can get enough of these vitamins through diet as well.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine mononitrate): 10 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 10 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide): 45 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate): 50 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride): 3 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin): 15 mcg
Key uses of Neurobion Forte Tablet:
- Treats Vitamin B-complex deficiency and keeps the level of these vitamins well-balanced
- Helps in maintaining the overall health of bones, joints, and cartilage, making it useful in treating arthritis
- Provides effective relief from mouth ulcers
- Helps in reducing neuropathic pain
- Reduces the effects of depression
- Helps in maintaining the levels of all essential nutrients in the body
Directions for use:
Take one tablet daily or as directed by the physician. Neurobion forte can be taken along with paracetamol if required. This medicine is to be taken by mouth. Check the label for directions before taking it. Take it with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Do not take it more often than directed.
Quick tips for Neurobion Forte Tablet:
- Have a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always use this medicine under medical supervision.
Side-effects of Neurobion Forte Tablet:
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, when taken in a higher dose it may cause certain side effects such as:
- Excessive urination
- Nerve damage
- Loss of control of body movements
Some of these symptoms improve gradually upon discontinuation of the tablet.
Storage and safety information:
- Store in a cool and dry place (below 25°C).
- Protect from moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Key benefits of Neurobion Forte Tablet:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) helps produce certain neurotransmitters and carry out multiple enzyme processes. A deficiency of Vitamin B1 can lead to beriberi, nerve degeneration, and loss of appetite.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) plays a key role in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats to produce energy. It is also involved in antioxidant activity, as a cofactor for the enzymes and metabolism of other vitamins like Vitamin B6, niacin, and Vitamin K.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) is essential for coenzyme activation, tissue respiration, and synthesis of macromolecules.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate) is needed for the synthesis of enzymes that form an integral part of various metabolic pathways such as carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) helps in improving metabolism, burning more calories, strengthening immunity, and supporting the function of the nervous system. Its deficiency may cause anemia and peripheral neuropathy. Since humans cannot produce Vitamin B6, it should be obtained from the diet.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) strengthens the nervous system and aids in DNA synthesis and maturation. It helps in converting homocysteine to methionine which plays an essential role in protecting the heart. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can lead to megaloblastic anemia and some neurological problems.
FAQs related to Neurobion Forte Tablet:
Q. How does Neurobion Forte help?
It is enriched with minerals as well as Vitamin B-complex, and thus helps the body maintain healthy functioning of the muscles, nerves, heart, and digestive system. Neurobion Forte supports growth and development as well as helps in building immunity.
Q. Can I take Neurobion Forte with paracetamol?
Yes, you can take this medicine with paracetamol as it is a nutritional supplement used to maintain the vital functions of our body. If you have any doubts, please consult your doctor before taking them together.
Q. Can I take Neurobion Forte for arthritis?
Yes, you can use this medicine for arthritis as well because of the presence of vitamins and minerals which help to maintain bone health, joints, cartilage as well as the immune system.
Q. Does Neurobion forte help in depression?
Yes, taking this tablet along with other antidepressants is useful in the depression caused due to low levels of Vitamin B12. Insufficient levels of Vitamin B12 may decrease the levels of certain brain chemicals such as serotonin and affect mood. It is made by combining Vitamin B12 and some other vitamins. These vitamins play a significant role in producing brain chemicals that affect mood and other brain functions.
Q. Can I take Neurobion Forte for back pain?
Yes, you can take this medicine for back pain. Nowadays, back pain is very common due to long sitting hours and a sedentary lifestyle. This back pain can sometimes be due to nerve damage which can be a result of Vitamin B12 deficiency. So, with neuropathic pain (damage in nerves) nutritional supplements enriched with Vitamin B12 & Vitamin B-complex like Neurobion Forte can help restore and maintain nerve health.
Q. Can I take Neurobion Forte daily?
Yes, you can take this tablet daily. It is a nutritional supplement that helps in maintaining the levels of all the nutrients in the body that may sometimes go missing from your daily dietary intake.
Q. Can I take Neurobion Forte for weight gain?
No, this medicine does not help in weight gain. It is a nutritional supplement that is taken in the case of nutritional deficiency. Although taking this might help improve your appetite, it will not result in significant weight gain. If you want to gain weight, try adding more calories to your diet.
Q. Is Neurobion Forte helpful in mouth ulcers?
Yes, it is helpful in mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are small, painful lesions that develop in your mouth or at the base of your gums. Mouth ulcers may occur as a result of vitamin (Vitamin B12) or mineral (iron) deficiency. So, using Neurobion forte can help in healing ulcers. Along with taking this medicine, make some dietary modifications such as avoid eating spicy and acidic foods until the ulcer heals.
Q. What is Neurobion Forte used for?
It is recommended for the treatment and prevention of Vitamin B deficiencies. As the tablet contains all B-complex vitamins, it is also known to help in improving the function of the nervous system, strengthening the immune system, treating mouth ulcers, and maintaining bones and joint health.
Q. What are the side effects of Neurobion Forte?
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, when taken in a higher dose, it may cause certain side effects such as diarrhea, excessive urination, and nerve damage.
Q. When should I take Neurobion Forte?
You must take this tablet as per your doctor’s advice. You can take it with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Also, it is advised that you must not consume vitamin/mineral supplements more than the recommended daily dose. Do let your doctor know if you are taking any other vitamin supplements so that the dose of this medication can be adjusted accordingly.
Q. Is Neurobion Forte Tablet good for nerve pain?
It contains B-complex vitamins, namely Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12. These vitamins are known to improve nerve function and aid in the treatment of nerve impairment and pain. Hence, this medicine may also be taken for nerve pain.
Q. Are B-complex vitamins good for you?
B-complex vitamins play a crucial role in numerous body functions such as metabolism of nutrients, red blood cell production, nervous system functioning, and skin health. The deficiency of B vitamins in the body can put you at risk of anemia, weakness (or fatigue), weight loss, frequent mouth ulcers, tingling sensation in limbs, headache, dementia (or memory problems), depression, confusion, hair loss, poor immune function, dry skin, liver problems, and kidney problems. Hence, you must include foods that provide you with B-complex vitamins. In case your diet fails to provide you these essential vitamins, taking Neurobion Forte can help.