It is used as a decongestant suitable for adults as well as children aged 3 months and above. It is used to relieve the blockage in the nasal passage in case of cold and infections in the respiratory tract. It contains chlorothymol, menthol, terpin, camphor, and eucalyptus. These compounds are known to be powerful anti-inflammatory agents that aid in the treatment of various infections such as sinusitis.
It is also used in the treatment of cold sores, common cold, asthma, and cough. This medicine is known to improve your ability to breathe while sleeping and help you get sound sleep by clearing the blocked nasal passages and sinuses.
It works by lowering the levels of the inflammatory compound, histamine H1 which leads to bronchoconstriction. It also temporarily relieves minor pain and symptoms caused due to nasal congestion. It also helps in the treatment of infections by killing sensitive bacteria and improving your overall health and well being. It is usually safe and doesn't cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation.
- Chlorothymol: 5.0 mg
- Menthol: 55 mg
- Terpin: 120 mg
- Camphor: 25 mg
- Eucalyptus Globulus:125 mg
Key benefits/uses of Karvol Plus Capsule:
- Known for its decongestant and anti-inflammatory properties. It provides instant relief from blocked sinuses
- Eases irritation and swelling in the nasal passages
- Helps in improving respiratory functions by working on the inflamed tissues in the respiratory tract
- Has anti-infective and antiseptic properties due to the presence of active ingredients like eucalyptol, terpineol and chlorothymol
- Helps in killing bacteria and eases breathing difficulties
- Shows beneficial effects in fighting allergies due to the presence of rosmarinic acid (antioxidant)
- Acts as anti-inflammatory medicine, thereby lowering the risk of seasonal infections and inflammatory conditions
- Contains menthol that expels the mucus from the lungs and relieves congestion by opening up the nasal passage and eases breathing
- Has a cooling effect on the sore throat as mint acts as the base element of most balms and inhalers
- Used as aromatherapy to de-stress people and relax the mind and body It can also reduce fatigue and help you relax
Directions for use:
To use, simply snip off one end of the capsule and pour the contents of the Karvol Plus capsule onto a piece of fabric, such as a handkerchief, tissue, or hand towel. Inhale a few times to get rid of nasal congestion. When used for children or infants, ensure the fabric used is completely out of reach of kids to prevent any unwanted consequences.
Alternatively, you can even empty the contents of the Karvol capsule in water and use it for steam inhalation for adults as well as kids. Let steam come out of the inhaler machine and you can also inhale the vapor. If you do not have an inhaler machine, empty the contents of the Karvol Plus capsule into a large pot of boiling water. Use a towel or a bedsheet to cover your head and slowly inhale the steam through your nose for no more than 2 minutes at a time. Keep your eyes closed. Do it 2 times a day.
Side-effects of Karvol Plus Capsule:
Karvol Plus Capsule is usually safe and doesn't cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, if you experience any side effects or if your symptoms still persist or worsen, consult your doctor immediately.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Do not ingest Karvol Plus or apply it to your body or skin in any way.
- Use under medical supervision.
FAQs related to Karvol Plus Capsule:
Q. How does Karvol Plus work?
Karvol Plus capsule helps in loosening the mucus. It makes the expulsion of mucus easy. It provides a cooling sensation and mild analgesic action due to the presence of aromatic compounds such as menthol and eucalyptus. It also has anti-infective properties that help in killing the microorganisms responsible for infection and cold.
Q. What age can you use Karvol capsules?
Karvol capsules can be used for children as well as old people. It is suitable for kids aged 3 months and above. You can either squeeze the content onto a handkerchief or empty the content in a bowl of hot water for steam inhalation. But make sure to keep it off the reach of children when not in use.
Q. Can I use the Karvol Plus capsule orally?
No, Karvol Plus capsules should never be used orally or applied on the skin or nose. The inhalation method is advised for using Karvol Plus.
Q. Does Karvol Plus help in unblocking the nose?
Yes, it can help in unblocking the nose. It acts as a decongestant and is commonly used to treat blocked or stuffy nose caused by respiratory tract infections such as common cold, sinusitis, and pharyngitis.
Q. Is the Karvol Plus capsule safe?
It is safe if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Take it exactly as directed and do not skip any dose. Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and let your doctor know if you experience any persistent or bothersome side effects.
Q. What should I know before using Karvol Plus?
Before using Karvol Plus, you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or any of its ingredients to avoid any allergic reactions. Let your doctor know if you have or ever had any problems related to your eyes. Inform your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking because they may affect, or be affected by, this medicine.
Q. What should I do if I forget to use Karvol Plus?
If you forget to use Karvol Plus, do not worry and continue using it as soon as you remember. However, if you are not sure or have any other doubts, please consult your doctor.
Q. Can I stop taking Karvol Plus when I am relieved of my symptoms?
Karvol Plus capsule is usually used for the short term and can be discontinued when your symptoms are relieved. However, continue taking this medicine if your doctor has advised you to do so.
Q. Is Karvol Plus safe during pregnancy?
The safety of Karvol Plus is not yet established during pregnancy. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy. Do consult with your doctor if you have queries regarding the same.Reference: