It is used to protect the liver against toxins and lower the risk of infections. It includes natural ingredients that exhibit potent hepatoprotective properties (liver protecting function). It also protects the liver from chemically-induced damage. It restores the function of the liver by protecting the liver cells and promoting the regeneration of liver cells (hepatocellular regeneration), especially post-illness and injury.
The antiperoxidative activity of Liv.52 prevents the loss of functional integrity of the cell membrane, maintains cytochrome P-450 (a large and diverse group of enzymes, which catalyze the oxidation of organic substances), speeds up the recovery period, and ensures early restoration of hepatic functions in infective hepatitis.
Due to improved liver function, this tablet is also known to stimulate the overall growth and functions of organs of the body. It also improves appetite and helps you to lead a healthy diet routine. It also improves the digestion process and prevents the risk of stomach problems such as indigestion, gas, and acidity.
It is a herbal supplement that is generally safe with little or no side effects. Make sure to take it in the recommended dosage for effective benefits. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction. Apart from taking this medicine, take care of your diet as well.
Key ingredients:1. Powders
2. Processed in:
- Himsra (Capparis spinosa): 130 mg
- Kasani (Cichorium intybus): 130 mg
- Mandur bhasma: 66 mg
- Kakamachi (Solanum nigrum): 64 mg
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna): 64 mg
- Kasamarda (Cassia occidentalis): 32mg
- Biranjasipha (Achillea millefolium) 32mg
- Jhavuka (Tamarix gallica): 32mg
- Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba)
- Bhumyaamlaki (Phyllanthus amarus)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)
- Mulak (Rapharius sativus)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Parpata (Fumaria Officinalis)
Key uses of Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet:
- Facilitates the rapid elimination of acetaldehyde produced after alcohol consumption and ensures protection from alcohol-induced liver damage
- Diminishes the lipotropic (compounds that help catalyze the breakdown of fat) effect in chronic alcoholism and prevents the deposition of fat in the liver
- Arrests further liver damage in the earliest stages and prevent the progress of cirrhosis
- Protects the liver against alcohol toxicity. It has hepatoprotective property and is also a potent antioxidant that can be seen by its free radical scavenging property
- Lowers your risk of liver infections such as jaundice or viral hepatitis (such as Hepatitis A) due to its immunomodulatory action
- Inhibits the elevation of malondialdehyde (biomarker for oxidative stress) levels in plasma and hepatic cells
- Inhibits the ALT and AST enzyme levels and improves the functional efficiency of the liver
- Corrects liver dysfunction and damage, thereby promoting appetite and growth, especially in people with liver problems
- Helps to improve digestion by acting on the liver enzymes and improving liver function
Directions for use:
Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet should be used as directed by your physician. Ideally, it is recommended to be taken twice or thrice daily as per your condition and need. The usually recommended dose for adults and children is.
- For adults: It is advised to take 2-3 tablets 3-4 times a day
- For children: it is advised to take 1-2 tablets 3-4 times a day
Quick tips for Himalaya Liv. 52 DS Tablet:
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember when to take it and also to attain optimal results.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Remember, herbal supplements should not be used as a substitute for a well-balanced diet.
- In addition to taking these supplements, it is advised to have a healthy diet loaded with all the essential nutrients.
- If you experience any side effects or if your symptoms fail to improve, then talk to your doctor at the earliest.
- In case you miss a dose of Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side effects of Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet:
It usually doesn't cause any side-effects when taken as directed by your physician. However, if you experience any side-effects, then it is wise to consult your doctor at the earliest.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Liv.52 DS Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
FAQs related to Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet:
Q. What is Liv.52 DS used for?
Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet is used to protect the liver against toxins and to lower the risk of infections. It includes natural ingredients that can protect the liver against toxicity caused due to consumption of alcohol, certain medicines, supplements, etc. It restores the functional efficiency of the liver by protecting the liver cells from damage and promoting recovery post-injury or illness. It is also known to improve your appetite and promote weight gain.
Q. What is the difference between Himalaya Liv.52 and Liv.52 DS?
Most people often get confused between Himalaya Liv.52 and Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablets. Both these tablets are used as health supplements and contain chicory (Kasani) and the caper Bush (Himsra) as one of the few active ingredients.
However, the only difference between Himalaya Liv.52 and Liv.52 DS Tablets is in their concentrations. Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet is a double strength combination of Himalaya Liv.52 Tablet. Depending upon your condition, your doctor will suggest the one that best suits your needs.
Q. How to take the Liv.52 DS Tablet?
This tablet should be used as directed by your physician. Ideally, it is recommended to take it twice or thrice daily as per your condition and need. The usual recommended dose is 2-3 tablets 3-4 times a day for adults and 1-2 tablets 3-4 times a day for children. Do not take more than the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Also, take it at the same time every day to avoid missing the dose.
Q. Does Liv.52 DS Tablet cause weight gain?
It is known to improve appetite, digestion as well as liver function. This is the reason, it is also known to promote weight gain. Hence, if you are planning to gain weight then do consult with your doctor to know the right dose and way of taking this tablet.
Q. How long should I take Liv.52 DS Tablet?
It is recommended only for a short duration. So, do not take it for a long duration and follow your doctor’s recommendations without fail. In case your symptoms fail to improve even after your doses finish, then it is wise to consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take Liv.52 DS Tablet with alcohol?
No, it is strictly prohibited to take Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet with alcohol as it may not only interfere with its function but also impact liver health thereby worsening your condition. Hence, avoid taking this medicine along with alcohol for the sake of your liver and overall health.
Q. Should I take Liv.52 Tablets before or after meals?
Whether to take Himalaya Liv.52 DS Tablet with meals or not is dependent on the health problem. Ideally, it is recommended that you take Liv.52 before meals, but follow your doctor if he/she recommends to take it after meals.