It helps in determining the blood sugar level in the body. It facilitates hassle-free usage as it does not require any manual coding. The kit includes Accu-Chek Active strips that can be used until the expiration date printed on the pack. These sugar strips absorb blood easily and show reliable results in a few seconds. The Accu-Chek strips are available in packs of 10, 25, and 50 strips.
It acts as a reliable and convenient self-testing method when used along with a blood glucose monitor. To measure the concentration of glucose in the blood, all you need to do is prick your finger and put a drop or two on the test strip. It helps you to get quick and reliable results in the comfort of your place. It can be used for both professional (at clinics) as well as personal (at home) use.
It is very simple to use. You have to remove a single diabetes test strip from the box of strips. Insert it into the slot on the glucometer just before you prick your finger. So, it will be easy to add your blood sample onto the strip and get the results. In case of any doubt, read the instructions on the glucometer beforehand.
Product Specifications and Features:
- Proven Accuracy: The Accu-Chek Active strips help you to keep tabs on your diabetes regularly. It also fulfills ISO 15197:2013 standards of accuracy.
- Clever functionality: Accu-Chek Active strip is a hassle-free product. The blood spreads across the strip and is automatically absorbed by it. The system then provides a fast and accurate result.
- Easy-handling: A clear protective barrier runs along the entire length of the test strip to protect the strip, making it easy to use.
- Blood volume: 1-2 μl
- Visual double-check: To ensure accurate blood glucose measurement, Accu-Chek Active allows you to double-check the displayed result.
- Out of meter dosing: Test strip outside the meter: approx. 08 seconds
Key uses/benefits of Accu-Chek Active Test Strips:
- Helps in determining glucose in fresh capillary blood by reflectance photometry technology
- Provides you with information on how your treatment program affects your blood glucose level
- Helps in testing blood glucose frequently which allows you to keep your diabetes in control
- Requires only a tiny drop of blood for the test
- Helps you to monitor glucose level at any time and anywhere
- Can be used to keep a regular tab on your sugar levels at your home
Directions for use:
Place the test strip inside the meter. Draw a drop of blood by pricking the finger with the lancet. Then, place the drop of blood on the test strip and wait for a few seconds for the result.
Quick tips for Accu-Chek Active Test Strips:
- For in-vitro diagnostic use only.
- For accurate results, it is advised to use it with Accu-Chek glucose meter.
- Store in a capped vial in a cool and dry space between 4-30 degree celsius.
- It can be used until the expiry date mention on the pack, even after opening the pack.
- The test strip is for single use only, never reuse.
- Refer to the manual for the details before using this product.
- Do not take any medical decision without consulting a doctor.
- Always discuss your results with a registered medical practitioner.
Storage and safety information:
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid any physical damage.
- Store in a clean and dry place.
- Calibrate your meter every time you start to use a new box of test strips.
- Check the strips to confirm that they are within their expiry date.
- Make sure to wash and dry your hands before testing.
- Do not squeeze your finger when taking a blood drop sample.
FAQs related to Accu-Chek Active Test Strips:
Q. Can blood sugar strips be reused?
No. All blood glucose test strips are for single use only. Re-using a test strip may not provide you with appropriate results. Hence, it is strongly advised to always discard the test strip after use.
Q. What are the benefits of glucometers?
It is well known that testing blood glucose levels with a glucometer at home is one of the major pillars of diabetes management. It can help you to test your blood glucose anywhere, at any time of the day. Using a portable glucometer is the best way to test glucose when traveling. Charting of blood glucose levels becomes easy with glucometers especially with devices having memory options to store previous readings. By helping you to keep your blood glucose level in check, blood glucose monitors can help you manage diabetes better.
Q. What is a normal glucometer reading?
According to the American Diabetes Association, the fasting or preprandial blood glucose levels for diabetics should be between 80 – 130 mg/dl and postprandial (1-2 hours after meals) should be less than 180 mg/dl. However, the range mentioned in your glucose monitor may be a little different. So, you need to speak to your doctor to calibrate the results with your lab reports.
Q. How do blood glucose monitors work?
The diabetes devices or glucometers test the amount of glucose in the blood. The test strips present in glucometers contain an enzyme called glucose oxidase, which reacts with glucose in the blood and sends the result as an electronic signal, which is displayed on the monitor.
Q. How often should you test your blood glucose with a glucometer?
If you have type 1 diabetes, you may need to check your blood glucose levels several times a day such as before and after meals and before and after exercise or as advised by your doctor. Whereas, if you have type 2 diabetes, the frequency of monitoring your sugar levels might be based on the severity of the condition which can be several times a day, once a day, or thrice a week. Hence, talk to your doctor about how often you should test your blood glucose.
This product is non-returnable.