Dr Vipulroy Rathod has been in clinical practice in Mumbai for a more than two decades at various premier hospitals such as Bhatia, Jaslok, Breach Candy, Lilavati, Saifee and BSES Hospitals. He has vast experience in the field of Advanced Interventional Endoscopy and Gastroenterology. He had an unique opportunity to have had pioneered and popularized Diagnostic & Interventional Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) in India two decades ago. He has performed more than 18,000 EUS procedures in this last two decades, including more than 8500 Interventional EUS procedures, which is the largest individual experience of EUS in India and this part of the world, apart from over 30,000 various diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures and ERCP. Dr Vipulroy Rathod is the Promoter, Director & Chief Gastroenterologist of World Gastroenterology Institute & Endoscopy Asia, a State of the Art Tertiary Care Facilities in Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Endoscopy, located at Andheri West & Sion West Mumbai, India. Dr Vipulroy Rathodâ€™s vast Advanced Therapeutic ERCP experience has complimented his EUS skills in diagnosis for desired clinical outcomes. He has found the role of combined approach of Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and ERCP to be of great value in patients with Acute, Recurrent Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis apart from Pancreatic Tumors. EUS is able to detect, diagnose, stage and treat several Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Pancreato- Biliary ailments. EUS has enabled him to look into the Biliary and Pancreatic ductal system with Intraductal Ultrasound (IDUS) and 3D image processing to diagnose and stage Pancreato-Biliary Cancers which are difficult to assess on conventional imaging. Dr. Rathod has trained more than 450 aspiring Gastroenterologists and Endoscopists from India and Abroad in the last 18 years of his professional career and has inspired Gastroenterologists and Endoscopists to pursue career in Endoscopic Ultrasound and Advanced Endoscopy. This endeavor of his has allowed him to be represented in over 50 countries across the world as an International Expert Faculty to share his vast experience in Advanced Endoscopic Procedures in leading Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Conferences and Workshops as a Speaker, Demonstrator & Trainer. Dr. Rathod has started the initiative of sharing knowledge and his vast experience through a monthly newsletter named Gastrovision since the last 5 years and over 20,000 doctors benefit every month with this highly educative and informative newsletter. He founded and established an NGO in 2005 under the name of his father who was one of the first FRCS surgeons of South Gujarat way back in the year 1963. The Dr Rathod Medical Foundation is an 80-G certified trust with the Charities of Commissioner, through which they are doing free medical camps, newsletter, training, continued medical education for doctors, supporting young talented doctors, cancer awareness campaigns and an e-learning portal called www.endoscopyguru.com for live webinars, etcâ€¦.
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - OGD Scopy [Oesophagogastro - Duodenoscopy - for food pipe / stomach / small intestine / removal of foreign body]
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - Colonscopy [lleo - Colonoscopy - for large intestine]
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound [EUS - for cancers of food pipe / stomach / gall bladder / pancreas / jaundice / pancreatitis]
- Intraductal Biliary and Pancreatic Endoscopic Ultrasound [IDUS] - [for cancers of bile ducts / pancreas]
- Diagnostic Functional Intestinal Disorders - Urea Breath Test [UBT] for H. Pylori, Hydrogen Breath Test [HBT] for small bowel bacterial over growth
- Capsule Endoscopy - Wireless Capsule [for diagnosis of disease of small intestine - bleeding / tumors]
- IBD / IBS Clinic [for gas in the stomach / constipation / diarrhea / lower abdominal pain / blood / mucus in tool]
- Pancreas Clinic - Multi disciplinary Team Consultation and Endoscopic Diagnosis and Treatment of Pancreatic Diseases.
- Cholangioscopy / Pancreatoscopy - Laser Lithotripsy.
- Advanced Pathology Laboratory.
- Emergency Endoscopic Services.
- Admission and Mediclaim Facilities Available.
- Ultrasound / Fibroscan.
- Radio Frequency Ablation [RFA - for palliation of advanced pancreatic tumors].