Dr. Seema Thakur is the Head of the Department of Clinical Genetics and Fetal medicine at Fortis Hospital. She holds D.M in Medical Genetics. She is a well known Genetic Expert in India. She completed her super-specialty training (DM) in Medical Genetics from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences. She has been working in the field of Genetics and Fetal Medicine for last 10 years. She has been actively involved in the Diagnosis, Genetic Counseling and management of various genetic disorders. Her special area of interest is prenatal diagnosis of various genetic and non-genetic disorders of all streams of medicine i.E. Neurology, hematology, cardiology, gastroenterology and pediatrics.
- Genetics and Fetal Medicine
- Genetic counseling services
- Genetic counseling
- Chromosomal diseases
- Prenatal diagnosis by amniocentesis / CVS/ Cordocentesis
- Preconception / Premarital Counseling
- Genetic tests for Male infertility
- Primary Amenorrhoea
- Fetal Autopsy by genetic expert for etiological diagnosis & counseling for next pregnancy
- Counseling and genetic testing for familial cancers such as: Breast & Ovarian Cancer.
- Neuromuscular Disorders Such As Dmd, Sma
- Diagnosis and genetic testing for neurological disorder such as Huntington chorea, spinocerebellar ataxia
- Recurrent Abortions – Evaluation & Management Which Includes Lit Therapy
- Counseling for Intrauterine Infections (TORCH) - PCR for CMV, Toxoplasma, Rubella, Chickenpox and Parvovirus.
- Counseling for abnormal Genetic Sonogram for soft markers / congenital malformations